Documents Management is the systematic control of most records from their creation or receipt, through their processing, distribution, organization, storage and retrieval with their ultimate disposition. As advice is this kind of essential source to organization, the documents control work also includes information management. Therefore, files direction is also known as Records and Information administration or RIM (Magnus, 2006).
Records management Might Also Be Utilised to define Because the Manner official documents (correspondence documents, information) are organized in this way They Have a meaning, also May Be Used regularly by the users such as managers, records professionals, educational institutions ramin fallah,
Value of Information Management in Federal Government Agencies
Placing a information management programme, even in government bureaus as an instance, the Meteorological Department may end in the two long-term and immediate importance to the department. Below are mentioned some of their Value of records management at the Us Government agencies, civil Provider, companies and businesses like a whole:
• data management reduces misplaced or missing documents. As the human component is always with useven the best system in the world will sporadically have misplaced information. But precisely constructed record handling approaches might gradually reduce misfiles. Most frequently misfiled Information may price the clerical team a Big wastage of time in Trying to Find documents;
• information conduite act as evidence within the time of challenge. It’s important for your own settlement of dispute as It Can be shown as proof of court;
• It helps in analyzing progress of organization. It helps in the preservation of history of the organization. The past records demonstrates management into organization. It aids to locate out the weaknesses and potency of company. Records management gives the accounts of direction and progress in which organization is giving on
• documents direction is your memory of the business. It is helpful for prospective decision making process. The study of past records demonstrates direction for prospective. It provides information to business every time It’s needed so, It Aids in taking choice;
• data management helps to evaluate firm development and functionality. It Assists in comparison involving one time period and another or between sometime of companies;
• Records direction aids in control and management of important records. It Is Helpful to guard required documents with maintenance and disposes unworthy records;
• To decrease litigation threats. Organization implement information management programs as a way to lessen the challenges associated with lawsuit and possible penalties. This can be just true in federal government bureaus. A balancing employed files management programme Can Cut the liabilities associated with document disposal by providing for their systematic, routine disposal in a normal Plan of business;
• It raises accountability. A records direction will probably put in place a system for monitoring Steps on Each and Every document, thus increasing liability and providing access reports; along with
• to enhance working atmosphere. Implementing records management programme enhances the operating environment throughout the company of storage and records offsite. Organized operating setting can then improve the understanding of the business enterprise by customers and potential staff. New personnel are also easily trained to handle the firm’s records as soon as an efficient data management programme is in position (Jackson, 2008).
The Historic History of this Meteorological Office Sierra Leone
Sierra Leone has been the head quarter (HQ) of the West African Meteorological services which was established in 1923. Meterological providers are offered for just four West African countries specifically Sierra Leone, Ghana, Nigeria and The Gambia respectively. The Sierraleone Meteorological division is the offshoot of the British West African American
Providers based on the 27th April 1961. Considering that the institution, the section was governed by series of directors and the now director is Alpha Bockari who has served in this capacity from 2012-to date. The headquarter is located at F 18 Charlotte avenue Freetown.
Even the Meteorological Department exist to provide cost-effective weather and climate solutions by accumulating, processing, archiving and disseminating meteorological and climatological information and products and services to encourage person contributing to the management of Sierra Leone’s market with exclusive regard to security of lives and property and protecting of the natural environment and recovering the expenses of these services so left so that it expenditure is not going to exceed it even income.
Like a department under the ministry of Transport and Aviation, they are charged with the following mandates /responsibilities:
• Safety and well being of citizen and also their defense against severe climate situation and devastation from natural disasters;
• Provision of reliable climate data to eases project design for agricultural planning and execute, water distribution systems, infrastructure, and tourism;
• Adding into the socio- economic (including supplying end user solutions for agricultural activities, Maritime ) development of their country;
• Carryout weather and climate related tasks e.g. clear Development Mechanism (CDM), Climate Change Services (CCS), Reduction of Emission from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD), and National Communication (NCS) (Meteorological division, 2014).
Goals of the Meteorological Department Sierraleone
The overarching objective of this Meteorological Division established as the sole jurisdiction, that issues weather and climatological warnings and services are, into:
• Forecast, plan and send meteorological and climatological solutions that meet national socio- economic development needs.
• obtain, process, save and disseminate meteorological and climatological information both nationwide and globally according to practices and rules along with procedures found beneath the WMO Convention of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), International Maritime Organization (IMO), etc and also different relevant traditions of the un systems such as the framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC), along with Convention to Combat Desertification, Drought etc..
• Give a Assortment of client / industry particular operational meteorological solutions to such Key sub sector as people for air travel, water resources, agriculture, defense, marine, tourism, athletics and recreation, and structure;
• gives advice on meteorological and climatological things into the national community along with different governmental and non- governmental bureaus.
• Create adequate manpower to increase operational success and efficiency of both agencies.
• Lower its dependence to the federal budget and create its revenue by charging for services rendered to other clients;
• Request and manage surface and upper air observation networks and accurately and efficiently capture the weather and climate requirement such as Sierra Leone’s Financial development;
• Offers meteorological services for search and rescue operations throughout emergency and relief operations in Addition to during national disasters; and
Methods of Managing Information in the Meteorological Department
Records-keeping are of fantastic value for virtually any company. Probably one of the vital choice directors, supervisors or heads of organization have to make would be to choose the suitable ways of controlling their business information. There of two methods that’s significantly employed. Included in these are centralized and decentralized techniques of managing documents.
A Centralized system of managing records is your one in that all physical paperwork are in one central place or workplace. The positioning is regulated from the data management workplace personnel. The quantity of employees from the data department will be contingent on the size of the company. In a centralized method, users have the benefit of being aware of each of bodily documents concerning a particular situation are held in an identical location. If for example, consumer should mention a file he or she wouldbe asked to speak to the records office employees. The file would then be checked from the consumer. A whole claim of custody file will be captured, or so the location of document is known in any way times.
A centralized system comes with an increased degree of security. For instance, the entrance is locked only that the files staff gets use of the files from the information office. This method yields a lot more control within physical document than the decentralized systems. For efficacy of goal, uniform office techniques are documented and circulated to all enduser. These approaches address issues such as operation or hours or file request and delivery intervals.